Rhinoplasty Surgery in India
Rhinoplasty(nose surgery), is also referred as ‘nose reshaping’ or a ‘nose job’ enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.
Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide, or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
A surgeon corrects congenital deformities, intrasanal drug abuse, bent dorsum, and also works to correct the prior failed rhinoplasty surgery which needs restoration of form and nasal appearance. Rhinoplasty can also help in curing breathing problems of the nose.
Who Should Consider Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider rhinoplasty:
- Your nose is too large or too small
- Your nose does not seem to fit with the rest of your face
- Your nose is crooked, badly shaped, or out of alignment
- You have nasal blockage inside your nose and have trouble breathing
- You have a birth defect that you would like improved
- You would like improvement, not perfection, in the appearance of your nose
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Nose tip Rhinoplasty
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Hump Nose Reduction
- Alar Plasty/ Alar reduction
- Post Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity
- Deviated deformed Nose/ Corrective Rhinoplasty
Cosmetic Nose Surgery
- Open surgery and closed surgery are two options available for performing the Rhinoplasty surgery. In closed surgery (intranasal), the surgeon makes the incisions from within the nose and in open surgery, the two incisions are made from the nostril partition ( columella).
- Reconstructive Nose Surgery : This surgery is done to correct any defect or to restore the nasal functions.
- The open rhinoplasty surgery takes more time as compared to closed rhinoplasty surgery.
Procedure of Rhinoplasty Surgery
After numbing the area, your surgeon will make incisions to access the bones and cartilage that support the nose. There are two general techniques for making the incisions: open and endonasal.
By adding or removing bone and cartilage and adjusting the supporting structures inside the nose, the size of your nose can be reduced or increased and the nose may be shortened or lengthened.
- Tip grafts made of cartilage can be used to remodel the tip of your nose, making it more uplifted, longer, shorter, or thinner.
- Your skin and other soft tissues will remodel to assume the shape of the underlying structure.
- In some patients, tissue fillers or fat grafts can be added to increase volume in desired areas.
- If the septum is deviated, it can be straightened and the projections inside the nose reduced to improve breathing.
Once the underlying structure of the nose is sculpted to the desired shape, nasal skin and tissue is redraped and incisions are closed.
Recovery from Rhinoplasty
After surgery you may be asked to wear a nasal splint over your nose for support. The splint will protect your nose while you sleep and shield it from accidental bumps. You may also have a small triangular bandage beneath the tip of your nose. Nasal packing will be placed inside your nose for additional support;
it acts as an internal splint to hold everything in place and to keep the airway clean and free of crusts. Many patients dislike the idea of anything being put in their noses, so adjusting to the nasal packing may be difficult. Some surgeons insert a small tube in each airway to allow the patient to breathe more freely when the packing is in place. Expect some swelling and bruising and possibly some discomfort.
Your face will be puffy, and the areas around your nose and eyes will be bruised and swollen after surgery. Your surgeon may recommend cold compresses to help minimize the swelling and reduce pain. You may need to keep your head elevated and relatively still for the first few days after surgery. Your doctor may prescribe a pain medication to deal with any pain you may experience. You will have to limit your activities for a few days to weeks.
After the first two weeks
Minor swelling of your nose may persist for up to a year but most likely will not be noticeable to others. It will be a few months before you can expose your reshaped nose to direct sunlight, and it may be a number of weeks before you can wear glasses without special support, such as tape, if the bones in your nose were altered
Cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery
The cost of rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery in India is very less as compared to any other western countries. Alphine Life solutions associated hospitals and surgeons have best and latest medical facilities