Liposuction Surgery in India
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure used to remove unwanted body fat.
It involves sucking out small areas of fat that are hard to lose through exercise and a healthy diet. It’s carried out on areas of the body where deposits of fat tend to collect, such as the buttocks, hips, thighs and tummy.
The aim is to alter body shape, and the results are generally long-lasting, providing you maintain a healthy weight.
It works best in people who are a normal weight and in areas where the skin is tight. Liposuction also shapes (contours) these areas. Other names for liposuction include lipoplasty and body contouring.
Why Is Liposuction done ?
Liposuction isn’t typically considered an overall weight-loss method or a weight-loss alternative. If you’re overweight, you’re likely to lose more weight through diet and exercise or through bariatric procedures — such as gastric bypass surgery — than you would with liposuction.
You might be a candidate for liposuction if you have too much body fat in specific spots but otherwise have a stable body weight
Who should consider Liposuction Surgery ?
People should have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure.
- Have firm and elastic skin
- Good in overall health
- Be of average or slightly above-average weight
- Have concentrated pockets of fat that do not respond well to diet and physical exercises
Liposuction isn’t recommended for people who have conditions that could complicate surgery, including:
- Restricted blood flow
- Coronary artery disease
- A weak immune system
In recent years, improved techniques have made liposuction safer, easier, and less painful. These newer techniques include:
- Tumescent liposuction.A local anestheticis used to numb the area of your body where the tube will be inserted. Next, a large amount of an anesthetic solution containing lidocaine and epinephrine is injected into the fatty tissue before traditional liposuction is done. Tumescent liposuction may not require general anesthesia (which makes you sleep through the procedure).
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction.This technique uses ultrasoundto liquefy the fat, which makes it easier to remove. This technique may be particularly helpful in removing fat from the upper abdomen, sides, and back.
- Laser-assisted liposuction.This technique uses low-energy waves to liquefy the fat, which is removed through a small cannula.
- Vaser Liposuction– Vaser liposuction, also called LipoSelection, is another alternate technology to traditional liposuction. Vaser ultrasonic liposuction is still a process by which fatty deposits are removed from beneath the skin to improve the aesthetics of a particular body part.
- Power Assisted Techniques (PAL)– PAL devices use power supplied by an electric motor or compressed air to produce either a rapid in-and-out movement or a spinning rotation of an attached liposuction cannula
Procedure for Liposuction
The surgical procedure starts by making little incisions of about 3mm in order to insert small tube named cannula beneath the skin. This smaller tube is connected to a device which generates high vacuum pressure. The earlier fat deposits which are treated earlier with the help of injections, are then suctioned out from the skin through cannula. The small tube (cannula) reaches to the specific desired areas of the skin by moving beneath the skin. Generally more than one incision is required and the number also depends on each area characteristics. In order to make the outer appearance homogeneous, the surgeon follows a cross line pattern to introduce the small tube (cannula) from other positions. The removal of fat becomes easier when it ruptures and liquefies.
Non-surgical liposuction techniques use laser energy, radiofrequency, ultrasound or cold (cryolipolysis) to reduce fat. Devices are applied directly to the skin of the treatment area and do not employ injections (as in injection lipolysis) or incisions (as in laser assisted liposuction). Although fat loss is more subtle with non-surgical lipolysis techniques compared to surgical liposuction, non-surgical lipolysis techniques have several advantages including reduced risk, reduced cost, and reduced healing time. Laser,radiofrequency, and ultrasound techniques provide additional advantages of tissue tightening. Because there is no suction involved, terms such as laser lipolysis, cryolipolysis or body contouring are preferred to non-surgical liposuction.
After the procedure, the area of the body that was treated is firmly wrapped to help reduce swelling, bruising, and pain. Elastic bandages and tape, support hose (such as those used to treat varicose veins), a special girdle, or another type of firm-fitting garment may be used, depending on which part of the body was treated. You may have to wear the compression garment or wrap for 3 to 4 weeks. Expect a lot of bruising and swelling for at least the first 7 to 10 days.
Fluid may drain from the incision sites for several days. You may be given antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
Most people are able to get up and move around as soon as the treatment is finished and after the effects of the anesthesia and any sedation have worn off. You can return to your normal activities as soon as you feel comfortable, although this may take several days to a few weeks. Most people can return to work within a few days. Recovery may take longer if large areas were treated.
Cost of Liposuction Surgery
The low and affordable cost of Liposuction technique in India attracts patients from all over the world. Alphine Life solutions associated doctors are well trained and highly experienced offering the best treatment to their patients