IVF Treatment (In-Vitro Fertilization) treatment in India
IVF (in vitro fertilization) also known as Test tube baby is the most common form of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology). If the fallopian tubes are damaged or the sperm is poor, it is the best , most effective and only acceptable treatment.. The eggs are fertilized in our laboratory, and the resulting embryos then are placed into the uterus 2 to 5 days later. This procedure achieves remarkable pregnancies even in women with damaged fallopian tubes, seemingly sterile husbands, and even “unexplained” infertility
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER IN VITRO FERTILIZATION?
IVF is usually considered by couples who have:
- Absent or blocked fallopian tubes.
- Severe male factor infertility (sperm counts or sperm motility is low, or sperm needs to be extracted surgically from the testicles).
- Advanced reproductive age, as time to conception is critical and pregnancy rates with other therapies are low.
- All other causes of infertility, after failing treatment with other therapies (eg, endometriosis, ovulation disorders, unexplained infertility).
- An inherited genetic disease that they wish to avoid passing on to their child – In this case, IVF is combined with preimplantation genetic diagnosis. This means that the embryos (or in some cases, just the eggs) are tested for the disease, and only those without the disease are transferred to the uterus.
- Ovarian failure, although donor eggs would be required in this case.
IN VITRO FERTILIZATION PROCEDURE
The IVF procedure consists of several steps that take place over a period of weeks:
- Education of the couple about the complex steps involved in IVF, its risks and benefits, and techniques for giving injections at home
- Stimulation of the ovaries to produce several eggs
- Retrieval of the eggs from the ovaries and obtaining a semen sample
- Fertilization of the eggs with sperm and growth of the embryos in the laboratory
- Transfer of one or more embryos into the uterus
More than one cycle of IVF treatment is often necessary before pregnancy occurs
Ovarian stimulation — The first step of the IVF procedure involves the use of fertility medications to increase the number of eggs (follicles) that develop in the ovaries and control the time of ovulation . The stimulation is selected based upon the woman’s diagnosis . It is possible to perform IVF without ovarian stimulation known as “natural cycle IVF” or “unstimulated IVF;” usually only one egg is retrieved.
Egg retrieval — Approximately 32 to 36 hours after injecting hCG, a procedure is performed to retrieve the eggs. The doctor inserts an ultrasound probe into the vagina and then uses a needle to withdraw the egg from each follicle. The procedure takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes, depending upon how many follicles are present. This is generally done while the woman is sedated. After the transfer patient has to rest, do blood tests and ultrasounds to verify if there is possible pregnancy.
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection ICSI
It is procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into an egg. This procedure is most commonly used to overcome male infertility problems, although it may also be used where eggs cannot easily be penetrated by sperm, and occasionally in addition to sperm donation.
Success rate of IVF
Alphine Life Solutions along with best hospitals for IVF in India have achieved top chances of IVF success having per-cycle success rates of 40% at affordable cost.