Female Breast Reduction
Breast reduction surgery can help women who are unhappy with the shape, weight or droop of their breasts by making them smaller and more lifted. But if it’s done to improve appearance rather than for health reasons. The Procedure is called Reduction mammoplasty.
Male Breast Reduction
A male breast reduction is the most effective known treatment for gynecomastia, or enlarged male breasts. This cosmetic surgery procedure removes excess fat and glandular tissue to restore a flatter, firmer and more masculine contour to the chest.
Due to genetics, use of certain medications, or other unspecified reasons, some men develop the appearance of enlarged breasts. he development of male breast is not due to any diseases or obesity, and this is the reason why it cannot be treated with the help of medicines. Surgery is the only treatment
Gynecomastia can present at any age, and male breast reduction can be performed safely and successfully on teenagers and adult men alike
Who should consider Breast Reduction
- You have backaches, neck aches, or skin irritation under your breasts.
- You have difficulty breathing and notice grooves in your shoulders from your bra straps.
- You have poor posture or numbness in parts of your breasts and upper chest from excessive breast weight.
- You find it nearly impossible to buy dresses and blouses and difficult to find tops that fit.
- You are very unhappy with your appearance because of your breast size.
- You are in good health with no active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- You have realistic expectations of the outcome of your surgery. You must be able to discuss what you want with your plastic surgeon so that you can reach an understanding of what can realistically be achieved.
- Your skin has adequate elasticity, so it can resume its former tightness following surgery.
- You are mentally and emotionally stable. Breast reduction requires patience and stability to deal with the healing period.
- You are old enough so that your breast development has stopped.
- You have finished having children and breast-feeding, because this can have significant and unpredictable effects on the size and shape of your breasts. Nevertheless, many women decide to undergo breast reduction before having children and feel that they can address any subsequent changes later. If you plan to breast-feed in the future,
- If you are reluctant to remove your shirt in public, to swim, to participate in sports or to exercise at a gym.
- If you want to improve your overall body proportions.
- If you experience psychological discomfort associated with large breasts.
- If you want to increase your social confidence.
Types of Breast Reduction
Cosmetic surgeons can use one of several different surgical techniques when performing breast reduction; which technique a surgeon will use for any given patient depends on the patient’s existing breast anatomy, the type and amount of tissue to be removed, and the patient’s desired outcome.
- Free Nipple Grafts
- Vertical incision breast reduction
- Pedicle method
- Scar less breast reduction/ breast liposuction
- Another incision or traditional breast reduction
- Gynecomastia (male breast reduction surgery)
Procedure for Female Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgery, which usually takes from three to five hours, is performed in a hospital or surgical center. An overnight stay is not usually required. The surgery commonly involves three incisions. After the surgeon removes excess breast tissue, fat and skin, the nipple and areola are shifted to a higher position. The areolas may be reduced in size. Skin that was located above the nipple is brought down and together to reshape the breast. Liposuction may be used to improve the contour under the arm. Different techniques like liposuction and short scar technique are the most preferred options.
Procedure for Male Breast Reduction Surgery
The term ‘reduction mammoplasty’ is used to correct gynecomastia. The surgery is performed under local or general anesthesia and takes 1-2 hours to complete. It is essential to know the breast tissues before carrying out the surgery. The two kinds of tissues are Glandular tissue (dense and firm), the second one is Fatty tissue (soft tissue). The proportion of both these tissues differs from person to person. A lot many times liposuction technique is used to remove the excessive fatty tissue where the glandular tissue is overboard. The excessive fatty tissue can also be removed with the help of a scalpel.
After Breast Reduction Surgery
It is vitally important that you follow all patient care instructions provided by your surgeon. This will include information about wearing compression garments, care of your drains, taking an antibiotic if prescribed and the level and type of activity that is safe. Your surgeon will also provide detailed instructions about the normal symptoms you will experience and any potential signs of complications. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. The dressing is removed after 2-4 days and stitches after a week .Physical activity should also be avoided for at least six weeks.
Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in India
Breast reduction cost in India is affordable and the patients can avail high class medical services in all the plastic surgery breast reduction and cosmetic procedures. As compared to developed countries, the liposuction technique can be extremely expensive as compared to treatment available in India.