Blepharoplasty in India
Blepharoplasty is the plastic surgery operation for correcting defects, deformities, and disfigurations of the eyelids; and for aesthetically modifying the eye region of the face. Many people suffer from the problems of dark circles, puffiness of the eye or the drooping lower and upper eyelid. These problems can make us look tired and fatigued. Cosmetic eyelid surgery deals with all these problems and is intended for those seek improvement in their facial appearance. Blepharoplasty surgical process will eliminate the excess fat of the upper eyelids and also tightens the lower eyelid and can also drastically reduce under-eye bags. Blepharoplasty can be done alone or combined with other facial surgeries such as a Facelift and Eye Brow lift surgery to give a younger looking appearance.
Eye conditions Treatable Through Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery
- ags under the eye can be corrected. The extra fat deposits or the puffiness in the upper eyelids can be treated with the help of upper eyelid surgery.
- Lower eyelid surgery can remove excess skin, fine wrinkles and can also correct the droopiness of the lower eyelid.
- The surgery can also treat the extra sagging skin which disturbs the natural outline of the upper eyelid and can also cause impairing vision.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Eyelid Surgery?
The best candidates for an eye lift are people who are in good health and who have realistic expectations. Most are 35 years or older, but if baggy eyelids or droopy eyelids run in your family, you may decide to have the surgery done sooner.
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
- Candidates who are physically healthy and do not have any serious illness that can impair the healing.
- Candidates who have a realistic goal in mind.
Procedure for Blepharoplasty Surgery
An eyelid surgery procedure includes the following steps:
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
Step 2 – The incision
The incision lines for eyelid surgery are designed so the resultant scars will be well concealed within the natural structures of the eyelid region.
The upper eyelid can be corrected through an incision within the natural crease on the eyelid. This allows for removal or repositioning of fat deposits, tightening of muscles, and removal of excess skin.
Conditions of the lower eyelid may be corrected with an incision just below the lower lash line. Through this incision, excess skin in the lower eyelid is removed. Again, the excess fat can be repositioned or removed.
A transconjunctival incision, created on the inside of the lower eyelid, is an alternate technique to correct lower eyelid conditions and redistribute or remove excess fat. With this technique, no skin is removed.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions
Eyelid incisions typically are closed with:
- Removable sutures
- Skin adhesives
- Surgical tape
Your surgeon may suggest use of a laser or chemical peel to reduce discoloration of the lower eyelids.
Step 4 – See the results
The results of eyelid surgery will appear gradually as swelling and bruising subside to reveal a smooth, better-defined eyelid and surrounding region, and an alert and rejuvenated appearance
Postoperative care After Blepharoplasty
- Follow all instructions on looking after your wounds and apply eye ointment cream as prescribed.
- Report any bleeding, pain or unusual symptoms to your surgeon.
- Try not to rub your eyes.
- Always wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight.
- If feeling any unusual symptoms or bleeding, report to your surgeon
- To manage short-term irritation or sensations, cover your eyes with cool compresses.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- No More Sagging Skin or Droopy Eyelids
- Fewer Wrinkles and Creases
- No More Bags or Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
- Easily Combined With Other Procedures
- Look and Feel Many Years Younger
- Improve Vision : In severe cases of the upper eyelid sagging, the patient’s visual field will be improved with the help of a lift.
Laser Technology for Blepharoplasty
A new technique for upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty, combining the advantages of the transconjunctival approach with those of the CO2 laser, is described. The use of the CO2 laser as the only cutting tool eliminates many of the most common and the most serious complications of blepharoplasty attributable to hemorrhage and hematoma. The transconjunctival approach yields superior cosmetic results to those of the more commonly performed traditional techniques, which sometimes results in unacceptable lower eyelid scars and/or lower eyelid retraction. Patient rehabilitation to normal activity is rapid because of decreased bruising and swelling. The laser procedure is well suited to the office-based laser surgical practice, but requires a high degree of skill in CO2 laser excisional surgery. This technique creates no sutures and scars with less healing time.
Cost of Blepharoplasty in India
The low cost of Blepharoplasty in India offers your eyes to look younger and vibrant, enhancing more confidence in your appearance. The cosmetic eyelid surgery treatment in India is done with less risk involved with the best possible outcomes. The facilities and clinical care provided in the cosmetic surgery centers is the best and the success rate is also very high. These surgeons are highly experienced and are experts of Blepharoplasty.