Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) in India
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is the technology used to achieve pregnancy in procedures such as fertility medication, artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization and surrogacy. It is reproductive technology used primarily for infertility treatments, and is also known as fertility treatment.Thier are number of treatments used depending on the condition or nature of the problem of the couple.
Various Assisted Reproduction (ART) Procedures
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI): It involves sperm being placed into the womb through a fine plastic tube. Sperm is collected and washed in a fluid. The sperm are passed through a tube that enters the cervix and extends into the womb.
- In-vitro fertilisation (IVF): In this the fertilisation of the egg occurs outside the body. The woman takes fertility medication to encourage her ovaries to produce more eggs than normal. Eggs are then removed from her ovaries and fertilised with sperm in a laboratory dish. A fertilised embryo is then put back inside the woman’s body.This procedure is also known as test tube baby.
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection): A single sperm is injected into an egg to achieve fertilization during an IVF procedure. The likelihood of fertilization improves significantly for men with low sperm concentrations
Surgical sperm retrieval
Surgical sperm retrieval may be a treatment option for men with:
- An obstruction preventing sperm release, due to injury or infection
- Congenital absence of the vas deferens (men born without the tube that drains the sperm from the testicle)
- Non-obstructive azoospermia – the testicles are producing such low numbers of sperm that they don’t reach the vas
Surgical sperm retrieval techniques
PESA (Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration)
TESE (Testicular sperm extraction)
(FERC) Frozen Embryo Replacement Cycle
(TESA) Testicular Sperm Aspiration
With assisted hatching, an embryologist uses micromanipulation under a microscope to create a small hole in the zona pellucida..The embryo is successfully implant into the uterine lining, an embryo hatches out of the zona pellucida and attach to the walls of the uterus.
Donation of sperm or egg
If there is either no sperm or egg in one of the partners it is possible to receive sperm or eggs from a donor. These sperms are obtained from healthy young men after thorough examination. Eggs are sourced from professional donor, someone from the family or egg sharing.
Success rate of Assisted Reproduction (ART) Procedures
Alphine Life Solutions along with best hospitals for IVF in India have achieved 40% top chances success rate for Assisted Reproduction (ART) Procedures at affordable cost.