Assisted Hatching Treatment in India
With assisted hatching, an embryologist uses micromanipulation under a microscope to create a small hole in the zona pellucida..The embryo is successfully implant into the uterine lining, an embryo hatches out of the zona pellucida and attach to the walls of the uterus.
Who should consider Assisted Hatching
Assisted Hatching has been suggested for infertile couples if:
- The women is 38 years or older;
- The woman has a high FSH level;
- The woman has poor egg quality;
- They have had poor embryo quality
- They have failed to become pregnant in prior IVF cycles;
- They are using frozen-thawed embryos in a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) cycle
Who should be treated with assisted hatching?
The most commonly used indications for assisted hatching with an in vitro fertilization case are:
- Age factor – the female partner is older than 37
- Egg quantity and quality factor – cases in which the woman’s day 3 follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level is elevated, or with a low AMH level or low antral follicle count
- Embryo quality factor – cases with poor quality embryos (excessive fragmentation or slow rates of cell division)
- Zona factor – cases with embryos that have a thick outer shell (zona pellucida)
- Previous IVF failure – cases that have had one or more previous failed IVF cycles
3 Types of Assisted Hatching
Mechanical Assisted Hatching
As the name suggests, this method of assisted hatching involves manually grinding away a section of the zona pellucida. The aid of a micromanipulator machine is employed in this technique; where in the zona pellucida is carefully pierced using a fine glass needle. A pipette is then used to grind away a portion of the outer layer trapped by the glass needle
Chemical Assisted Hatching
The embryo is placed under a microscope in a petri dish containing culture fluid. A specific pipette and a hollow needle is used to hold the embryo in place. The hollow pipette contains an acidic solution, which is then released near the zona pellicuda. This acidic solution is meant to create a small hole in the zona pellucida by slowly digesting the outer layer. Chemical assisted hatching is one of the more common methods in use. This technique is also known as zona drilling
It a small opening is made in the outer shell of the embryo, called the zona pellucida by laser.It is an advance technology in IVF
Procedure for Assisted Hatching
This is a delicate procedurewhich needs great skill and sophisticated instrumentation. Following are the steps:
1. By drilling with Acidified Tyrode’s solution
The embryo is kept in a dish containing culture solution where a pipette is used to hold the embryo. The embryologist takes a hollow needle containing an acidic solution, places it next to zona pellucid and release a small amount of the solution. This creates a small hole. After washing the embryo in culture media, it is transferred into the uterus solution and placed back in an incubator .
2. Mechanical opening by glass micro needle – Also known as partial zona dissection
3. Laser photoablation – Either a hole is made on the zona pellicuda or partial zona thinning is done using a laser. When this process is computer assisted, there is more precision and takes less time too.
Because of Assisted hatching, the rate of embryo implantation has improved.
Success rate of Assisted hatching
Alphine Life Solutions along with best hospitals for assisted hatching in India have achieved 50% success rate for Woman between the age of 35 to 39 years at affordable cost
Intrauterine Insemination: Artificial Insemination for Infertility Treatment in India It involves sperm being placed into the womb through a fine plastic tube. Sperm is collected and washed in a fluid. The sperm are passed through a tube that enters the cervix and extends into the womb.